STIM KILL SMILE

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

PvT 3gate Chargelot into DT/Expo/HT

OrigiN

PvT 3gate Chargelot into DT/Expo/HT Empty PvT 3gate Chargelot into DT/Expo/HT

Post  OrigiN Tue May 03, 2011 11:13 am

Been using this build on ladder with some success. This is a timing attack build with multiple viable transitions. The overarching goal is getting zealot charge as soon as possible to put enough pressure that it either wins the game outright, locks down the terran natural, or prevents terran tech.

Some notable points to the build:
    - 9pylon scout should gas steal the terran to hinder any sort of banshee rush that counters this build
    - Third pylon powering the twilight council and third warp gate should be placed in a less obvious scan location
    - First 4 chronos on probe production. 1 chrono on the initial stalker (or sentry, depending on spawns and scouting) to remove the scouting SCV. 4 chronos on charge research
    - Army distribution should be roughly 3 zealots per stalker, plus the initial sentry with enough energy for 1-2 guardian shields by attack time
    - Deny scouting as much as possible. Lead with a single stalker and always hold the appropriate watch towers.
    - Army should already be outside the terran natural by the time charge research is finished (roughly 7:30). Proxy pylon should be up.
    - Dark shrine should start warping in around the time of the initial attack, with expo following soon after
    - Templar archives should start warping in after map control is established following a couple rounds of DTs

Rough BO:

9pylon
    13gate
    15gas
    18core
    18gas
    20gateway
    20stalker (sentry), WG research
    23pylon
    25sentry (stalker)
    27zealot
    27twilight
    29gateway
    29zealot
    31pylon
    continue zealot/stalker production
    transition into DTs, expo(s), storm

The initial attack plus reinforcing units sometimes wins the game. Since kiting is less effective, it's difficult for a terran that went any FE build to hold off without pulling SCVs to attack or mass repair bunkers. A lot of the time, the terran will at least be forced to lift off to his main, allowing for a nice contain while you expand and tech.

A transition into DT and HT play is viable since they naturally extend from your tech route and since you should have a lot of gas saved up from such a zealot-heavy army distribution. It is also powerful because the terran's lower gas income from your gas steal excludes mech-heavy builds and early starport play. Without a raven, you will at least have full map control, allowing you to expand or even double expand safely. (While the terran can always move out and scan, your DTs should be separated so that a scan shouldn't pick off more than a single DT. The terran may not have enough scans to face a constant warp in of DTs even with 2 OCs, and each scan is a potential MULE gone to waste. By the time a raven is out, you should have expansions up and running and HT plus storm researched). A decent amount of time, you will even be able to win outright with the DTs hitting before 10:00 should the terran forget turrets during the chargelot pressure, or should those turrets be picked off during the attacks. In the endgame, because the terran will most likely be heavily bio based, repeated HT storm will rape hard. Spread HTs and keep them safe from ghost EMPs, feedbacking where possible.

Uploaded the last game I played using this build. Not my best game and my initial attack was kind of fail (in part I think because of his reaper scout), but I think it illustrates what I'm talking about. Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F6ARBHJQ
    YeN
    Admin

PvT 3gate Chargelot into DT/Expo/HT Empty Re: PvT 3gate Chargelot into DT/Expo/HT

Post  YeN Tue May 03, 2011 7:28 pm

despite the nerf to warp in storms, i still hate HT's and it is still definately > col imo late game if used with upgraded gateway units.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:22 am